Start Date: 5/3/2022 4:00 PM EDT
End Date: 5/3/2022 7:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Location:
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP - Robert S. Strauss Tower
2001 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC United States 20006
The Annual Meeting of the Customs and International Trade Bar Association will take place at 6 pm on Tuesday, May 3, 2022 at the Washington, DC office of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP and by videoconference. At the meeting, CITBA will elect its new Board of Directors and Officers based upon the Report of the Nominating Committee. All members of the association are invited to participate. Members who cannot be present may vote by use of the proxy form.
Members and students: $25
This is our first in-person event since the pandemic, so we hope you will join us in person. If you are unable to do so, you can join us via video. In either case, you must register.
4:00-5:00 pm - Presentations
5:00-6:00 pm - Panel Discussion: “Trade Implications of the Crisis in Ukraine”
- Keynote Presentation: Lisa Wang, Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Enforcement and Compliance
- Information Presentation: Lisa Barton, Secretary of the International Trade Commission
- Cristina Brayton-Lewis, Partner, White & Case
- Cortney O. Morgan, Partner Husch Blackwell, LLP
- Gail Kan, Acting Executive Director of Trade Policy and Programs, Office of Trade, Customs and Border Protection
- Dallas Woodrum, Section Chief, Enforcement Division, Office of Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of Treasury
6:00-6:30 pm - Annual Meeting of CITBA
We will hear from some of CITBA’s current Board members and elect a new Board of Directors.
A reception will follow to celebrate and get reacquainted face to face.