Membership is open to all attorneys admitted to practice in any country and law students.
If you would like a single invoice for all the members of your practice group. Email email@example.com for details.
To renew, you must login first and then access Membership Renewal under Account/My Profile.
- Attend CITBA’s Biannual Meetings. Fall and Spring Dinner Meetings and Winter Luncheon featuring Keynote Speakers, with REDUCED COST for CITBA members.
- Attend regular CLE seminars. Credit and non-credit on topics related to customs and international trade law, with REDUCED COST for CITBA members.
- Meet and interact with Judges of the U.S. Court of International Trade. In informal and unofficial settings, opportunities to interact with judges, staff in the Office of the Clerk of the Court, and judges’ law clerks.
- Receive CITBA’s periodic newsletter. Receive practice-related articles and news, as well as OPPORTUNITIES to publish newsletter articles.
- Network with members of the Bar. Meet and interact with your peers in private and government practice.
- Collaborate on CITBA projects. Including amicus curiae briefs, proposed legislation, and comments on proposed rulemaking.
- Active - $125 (Government Employee - $50): Any lawyer who is (1) admitted to practice before the United States Court of International Trade, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the highest court of any State or the District of Columbia, or any federal court, and (2) is a member in good standing before one of said Courts, shall be eligible for membership as an Active Member. Active Members shall be entitled to all the privileges of the Association.
- Foreign Lawyer – $125: Any attorney, barrister, solicitor or advocate who is qualified to practice law in a foreign country shall be eligible for membership as a Foreign Lawyer Member. Foreign Lawyer Members shall be entitled to all the privileges of the Association except those of holding office and voting.
- Retired – $50: Any former Active Member of the Association who is retired from the practice of law (whether fully retired or retired other than on an occasional basis) shall be eligible for membership as a Retired Member. Retired Members shall be entitled to all the privileges of the Association except those of holding office and voting.
- Student – $25: Any full-time student at an accredited law school shall be eligible for election as a Student Member. Student Members shall be entitled to all the privileges of the Association except those of holding office, voting and membership on standing committees, but Student Members may participate as observers on standing committees. A Student Member shall cease being a member of the Association six (6) months following graduation unless he or she shall apply for election as an Active or Foreign Lawyer Member.
- Honorary: The Board of Directors may by unanimous vote elect Honorary Members of the Association. Honorary Members shall be entitled to all the privileges of the Association except those of holding office, voting and membership on standing committees.